We’re looking for a natural and empathetic design leader to join IF. This role is a unique opportunity to build a more ethical information society, through working with clients to design and prototype digital services that show care about how personal data is collected, used and stored. .
Responsible for leading a talented multi-disciplined team, solving difficult design problems for emerging technologies and working on things that really matter, you will be someone who is highly experienced in running teams and ensuring there is a focus on project goals.
You instinctively know how to bring people onboard with ideas, clients and teams alike, to enable a clear unified vision, one which team members know how they can contribute to its success.
You will be responsible for leading design and engineering project teams, effectively selling the value of our design work through business development and championing the creation of lasting design impact through our work.
This is a senior role, working with some of the most significant organisations of our time. This work gives us unusual access to influence and learn from the individuals inside those organisations.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Will constantly evolve and push boundaries in developing the IF brand, positioning the business as a leader in innovation and design
- Provides inspiration, mentorship and thought leadership to IF’s design team, enabling them to develop field-building work
- Works with the team to develop assets that communicate the thinking - moving from analysis of the problem to design intent and solution using sketches, diagrams, user journeys, personas and writing across different mediums
- Brings clients into the process to ensure that they feel a strong sense of shared success
- Identifies and develops new commercial opportunities in our client projects and IF’s wider proposition
- Ensures the smooth delivery of projects by helping to plan their execution
- Cultivates and maintains positive client relationships while effectively managing client expectations
- Advocates the value of design as part of IF’s offering
- Can lead projects across the full breadth of product and service and from opportunity discovery through to product build and market launch.
- Enjoys discovering new ways of approaching (and solving) complex socio-technical problems and concepts, challenging established thinking to solve problems in a way not possible before
- Thrives within projects that start with a high degree of uncertainty/ ambiguity and is able to create clarity
- Enjoys working collaboratively (with the team and client) to design, plan and participate in design activities that achieve desired outcomes
- Has a proven track record of successful collaboration with multiple disciplines on projects and practices
- Enjoys leading the testing process and has worked in rapid prototyping and iterative environments (in paper or digitally)
- Can deliver tangible commercial value within projects and wider company proposition development
- Has clear points of view on design and technology and is comfortable sharing them
We’re working towards a better, more ethical information society. We’ve defined and led this emerging space since 2016.
IF has unrivalled expertise in showing organisations how to collect, store and treat data so they are both ethically sound and commercially successful.
Based in Somerset House in London, our multidisciplinary and internationally respected team includes technologists, infosec researchers, designers and strategists.
We care about the web and we approach all of our work though making. We maintain a catalogue of data patterns and work in the open as much as possible.
We are an equal opportunity and Living Wage Foundation employer. We believe that inclusive and diverse teams make better decisions, deliver the best work and are more fulfilling to be a part of. That’s why we welcome and purposely seek out applications from people of all backgrounds and ages.
- 20 days holiday and office closure between Christmas and New Year, plus discretionary office closure in August
- Early finish on a Friday to welcome in the weekend
- Contributory NEST pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly catered lunch
- Training and development, alongside access to our growing library
- As a Somerset House resident you get 10-20% off in all the shops and cafes in Somerset House, alongside some free exhibition passes