IF is a technology studio. We specialise in ethical and practical uses of data.
We’re working for a better, more ethical information society where technology serves people with a sustainable market for ethical and practical uses of data and where technologies are designed to be publicly accountable, understood and regulated.
Founded in December 2015 by our CEO Sarah Gold, in 3 years we’ve worked with some of the most prestigious global brands like Google, Oxfam and DeepMind delivering high quality, unique and directly impactful work. We have exciting products and projects lined up for 2019, and huge plans for the next 3 years +. We are currently ~20 people and have big ambitions to grow our team - and we need an excellent People Lead to help us do that whilst nurturing our culture.
We’re looking for a senior level People Lead for a full-time, permanent position in our London office.
- Design, implement and continuously improve the end-to-end recruitment and people management process at IF using your knowledge from Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Design a human-centred recruitment process for growth, aligned with the overall vision of IF and its business needs
- Nurture our culture, that’s grounded in trust, respect and empathy for others, and that enables the team to be accountable, self sufficient and empowered
- Develop and continuously improve IF’s recruitment systems and rituals
- Implement and facilitate feedback mechanisms that help team members understand how to improve and give them the support they need to succeed
- Coach People Managers at IF to crosstrain and upskill them
- Work with People Managers at IF to increase their capabilities and knowledge in helping their direct reports
- Oversee a professional development framework that helps team members grow their skills and bring their best to work
- Work with key team members to assess business needs and implement, apply and monitor training programs
- Ensure legal compliance throughout recruitment strategy and implementation, and our HR processes and policies, reporting to the CEO
- Work with the CEO and the rest of the leadership team to make decisions about how IF should grow and develop
- Attend and report at board meetings, drawing on the trustees expertise and challenges, and implementing relevant decisions in daily work
Living IF’s values
- Care about the collective
- Challenge norms, and be comfortable with uncertainty
- Excellence for and from everyone
- Make time for humans
- Sketch, prototype and build to influence and make change
What we're looking for
- CIPD certificate in HR Practice, and a commitment to ongoing professional development
- Demonstrable experience leading HR and growing a small team, creating HR process and policy from scratch
- You are approachable, trustworthy and care about people
- You enjoy promoting an excellent working culture
IF offers a competitive salary, time off between Christmas and New Year plus days in August at the business’ discretion, in addition to your holiday allowance of 20 days + bank holidays and a supportive sick leave policy.
We have regular retreats offsite across the year (sometimes we go to lovely locations like Valencia) where we make space as a team to step back and reflect. IF has a Mentor scheme, and supports staff to write regular blog posts, attend conferences and speak at them too!
Every Thursday we have team lunch, where we all make sure that we eat together, and on a Friday the studio closes an hour earlier to welcome in the weekend. We regularly make time to go for a team drink, or see an exhibition together.We are an equal opportunity and Living Wage Foundation employer. We support you as soon as you start, linking you to a Buddy who will help you get settled. We believe that diverse teams make better decisions, deliver the best work and are more fulfilling to be part of. That’s why we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ages.
Our preferred starting date for this role is as soon as possible. We have an ongoing review of applications.