We are looking for a proactive and entrepreneurial person to join IF as our Business Lead, to build IF’s portfolio of clients and projects. You’ll be responsible for generating income, securing new work and developing our sales pipeline, reaching a wide audience within the UK and in the US.
A strong track record of commercial success and client account growth is essential for this role. You will be a clear communicator who is able to influence business leaders of all levels and technical understanding credibly to ensure the value of IF’s work is realised.
This role will offer you a unique experience of helping build a new market for ethical and practical uses of data. You’ll operate in a fast moving and often ambiguous environment, where you’ll need to work autonomously, taking responsibility for achieving targets and objectives. and You will tailor our commercial assets and own the client relationship from start to finish, ensuring that conversations convert into live projects.
The successful candidate should expect to generate at least £250k during the first 6 months in post, helping IF grow into traditional industries and diversify our client base.
You are someone who:
- Has a proven track record of building and developing relationships based on trust, leading to positive commercial results and long term partnerships
- Is highly influential and can demonstrate a strength in negotiations and closing business deals.
- Has demonstrable experience assessing business needs
- Has experience working in client-facing roles in an agency environment
- Has worked in the IT/ digital sector
- Is a natural storyteller and can take clients on a journey
- Is able to prioritise and manage a large number of leads
- Can simplify complexity and doesn’t rely on jargon
- Has technical intuition based on applying knowledge in many different business contexts and deliverables
- Is a skilled listener and has empathy for clients. You have led change and innovation in big companies
- Is good at getting things done
- Secure and close new work that helps IF scale profitably
- Manage sales pipeline, bringing in new leads and recording all activity
- Develop and manage new accounts and partnerships with organisations based in and outside the UK
- Identify opportunities through your own network and research, executing against the company strategy
- Interpret and align high level holistic and strategic conversations, making the case for how technology can be implemented to meet business needs
- Collaborate with senior team members to understand delivery structure in order to tailor proposals and pitch decks
- Utilising existing assets, tailor proposals, pitch decks and presentations to explain what IF offers to secure new work
- Examining potential and risks of new business opportunities
- Bringing clients into the process to ensure that they feel a strong sense of shared success
We’re working towards a better, more ethical information society. We’ve defined and led this emerging space since 2015.
IF has unrivalled expertise in showing organisations how to collect, store and treat data so they are both ethically sound and commercially successful.
Based in Somerset House in London, our multidisciplinary and internationally respected team includes technologists, infosec researchers, designers and strategists.
We care about the web and we approach all of our work though making. We maintain a catalogue of data patterns and work in the open as much as possible.
- Base rate salary of £50,000 + on target expectation of £100,000 + capped accelerator
- 20 days holiday and office closure between Christmas and New Year, plus discretionary office closure in August
- Early finish on a Friday to welcome in the weekend
- Contributory NEST pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly catered lunch
- Training and development, alongside access to our growing library
- As a Somerset House resident you get 10-20% off in all the shops and cafes in Somerset House, alongside some free exhibition passes
We are an equal opportunity and Living Wage Foundation employer. We believe that inclusive and diverse teams make better decisions, deliver the best work and are more fulfilling to be a part of. That’s why we welcome and proactively seek out applications from people of all backgrounds and ages.