Agile Delivery Manager
We are looking for an Agile Delivery Manager to join our growing business. You will perform delivery management duties as part of an agile, multidisciplinary team that is shaping how technology should be built to strengthen people's rights and agency, and increase our collective ability to hold power to account.
You’ll be working across a diverse range of IF projects across research, design, events, print and digital work (amongst others), and play an integral role in ensuring high quality across all project outputs.
As the driving force on projects, you will be expected to orchestrate agile best practice, including agile ceremonies, digital delivery tools, project roadmaps and reporting to ensure successful delivery and continuous improvement of the team.
We are seeking an experienced candidate to be an evangelist for agile delivery who is proactive, dynamic and open to change; you must have strong experience of leading delivery within multi-disciplinary teams, managing stakeholders and clients, anticipating and resolving project issues.
You are someone who:
- Has a relentless focus on delivery, user needs and technical innovation
- Has extensive experience of leading agile, multi-disciplinary digital teams to deliver within scope, time and budget
- Effectively manages client expectations
- Seeks to reduce costs and increase organisational efficiency
- Effectively influences stakeholders at all levels
- Is a self starter with a bias for action and completing work
- Has technical intuition and doesn’t rely on jargon
- Enjoys listening and displays strong emotional intelligence
- Reporting into the Head of Delivery and Operations, you will lead and motivate multi-disciplinary, agile teams, of up to 8 people, to deliver for clients within agreed scope, budget and time
- Oversee delivery of one or more agile digital projects, protecting team resource from outside interference
- Efficiently manage and negotiate project proposals and change requests with the IF leadership team and clients
- Proactively anticipate problems, unblock issues and mitigate project risks, reporting progress and escalating significant issues to the leadership team
- Continuously review delivery, team engagement and client feedback to improve delivery across IF teams and communicate the benefits
- Effectively manage client and stakeholder relationships, with the project lead and account manager, taking swift action to resolve problems and capitalise on commercial opportunities
- Manage project resource, ensuring the team is working efficiently and that teams have the right mix of skills to do our best work
- Facilitate project planning, documentation and prioritisation of work, including agile rituals and ceremonies such as sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, stand-up and sprint backlogs
- Be the ambassador for quality assurance, pre-planning quality assurance activities to ensure high quality outputs across all functional areas from proposal to final delivery
- Conduct post project evaluation reviews, in the form of retrospectives or ‘wash-ups’, documenting for the purpose of knowledge sharing, future learning and future project risk mitigation
- Produce all relevant project documentation such as project proposals, statement of works, project plans, financial reporting, status reports and end of project handover and evaluation documentation
- Ensure legal and financial project governance is adhered to at all times
- Openly report and act to improve project performance, including burndown rates, spend and utilisation
We’re working towards a better, more ethical information society. We’ve defined and led this emerging space since 2016.
IF has unrivalled expertise in showing organisations how to collect, store and treat data so they are both ethically sound and commercially successful.
Based in Somerset House in London, our multidisciplinary and internationally respected team includes technologists, infosec researchers, designers and strategists.
We care about the web and we approach all of our work though making. We maintain a catalogue of data patterns and work in the open as much as possible.
We are an equal opportunity and Living Wage Foundation employer. We believe that inclusive and diverse teams make better decisions, deliver the best work are more fulfilling to be a part of. That’s why we welcome and proactively seek out applications from people of all backgrounds and ages.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday and office closure between Christmas and New Year, plus discretionary office closure in August
- Early finish on a Friday to welcome in the weekend
- Contributory NEST pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly catered lunch
- Training and development, alongside access to our growing library
- As a Somerset House resident you get 10-20% off in all the shops and cafes in Somerset House, alongside some free exhibition passes