IF is a technology studio. We specialise in ethical and practical uses of data.
We’re working for a better, more ethical information society. Where technology serves people, where there’s a sustainable market for ethical and practical uses of data, and where technologies are designed to be publicly accountable, understood and regulated.
IF works with companies to develop innovative uses of data, that are in service to people. We research and test emerging technologies, designs and uses of data to offer practical, achievable digital strategies.
Founded in December 2015 by our CEO Sarah Gold, in 3 years we’ve worked with some of the most prestigious global organisations like Google, Oxfam and DeepMind delivering high quality, unique and directly impactful work. We have exciting products and projects lined up for 2019, and huge plans for the next 3 years +. We are currently ~20 people and have big ambitions to grow our team.
We are looking for a Business Analyst who wants the next challenge in their career. Working to support our CFO and CEO you’ll be focussed on future projects and products, by forming business cases to support their go ahead. You'll also work closely with the rest of the team and wider business on continuous improvement. It’s likely that you’ll have started your career on a graduate programme or at a consulting firm, you’ll have experience working with clients to uncover new business and product opportunities and ideally have experience of working in agile or digital teams. Being able to tell compelling stories, and communicate clearly and succinctly is a must.
This role will offer you a unique experience of working at the top level and see the inner workings of a company that’s actively building the market for ethical and practical uses of data.
- Explore and justify the feasibility of new projects via detailed, documented business cases
- Lead the development of business cases for new product opportunities, as set by IF’s leadership team
- Keep abreast of trends in the industry and competitor analysis and differentiation to keep IF informed and well-briefed
- Work with the CEO to find, develop and support existing and new strategic client accounts
- Write commercially astute proposals for new project areas that help IF to continue building the market for ethical and practical uses of data
- Understand the nuances of projects for international clients (particularly USA) and tailor marketing documents, pitches and proposals accordingly
- Collaborate with project teams, from initial inquiry to project completion
- Develop, shape and influence how business analysis is done at IF, and the tools and techniques used
- Reporting to the CFO, be responsible for maintaining visibility and transparency in the pipeline and new business process
- Contribute quantitative analysis and written content to a portfolio of case studies that demonstrates the impact of IF’s work
- Demonstrate IF’s professionalism to our clients with clear communication in person, on the phone and by email
- Represent IF externally, helping to win new clients and additional business from existing ones
- Moderate domestic and occasional international travel will be required.
We are looking for someone who can live IF’s values:
- Care about the collective
- Challenge norms, and be comfortable with uncertainty
- Excellence for and from everyone
- Make time for humans
- Sketch, prototype and build to influence and make change
IF offers a competitive salary, time off between Christmas and New Year plus days in August at the business’ discretion, in addition to your holiday allowance of 20 days + bank holidays and a supportive sick leave policy.
We have regular retreats offsite across the year (sometimes we go to lovely locations like Valencia) where we make space as a team to step back and reflect. IF has a Mentor scheme, and supports staff to write regular blog posts, attend conferences and speak at them too!
Every Thursday we have team lunch, where we all make sure that we eat together, and on a Friday the studio closes an hour earlier to welcome in the weekend. We regularly make time to go for a team drink, or see an exhibition together.
We are an equal opportunity and Living Wage Foundation employer. We support you as soon as you start, linking you to a Buddy who will help you get settled. We believe that diverse teams make better decisions, deliver the best work and are more fulfilling to be part of. That’s why we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ages.
Our preferred starting date for this role is as soon as possible. We have an ongoing review of applications.