The language to talk and write about the emerging field of digital rights needs developing.
We're looking for a Writer to help us write about designing for digital rights at IF and write tender applications. You will be a natural self-starter, enthusiastic and have experience in writing for range of materials.
You'll work with a talented team solving difficult design and policy problems for emerging technologies.
You are someone who
- Has strong written communication, and is a natural storyteller
- Is organised and motivated
- Enjoys interviewing people, listening and synthesising complex ideas into messaging and project plans that meet criteria
- Enjoys working across a range of written materials
- Has experience in planning, writing and editing research based reports
- Has written successful bid documents for tenders
- Is happy collaborating with others and working self-directed
- Is good at prioritising to work across multiple projects at once
Your responsibilities will be
- Write proposals and pitches to help IF win work
- Search for and apply for relevant tenders
- Work directly on research projects to write reports and associated blog posts
- Produce content for social media to ensure our social media output is consistent and concise
We all share responsibilities at IF
- Write regularly about our work (blog posts, newsletter)
- Represent IF by giving external talks and attending events
- Present work at show and tells for feedback, and offer constructive feedback to other presenters
- Take part in user research
- Help set-up and take-down events, exhibits and meetups
- Salary is dependant on experience
- This is a permanent role
- London based (zone 1), full time
- 20 days holiday plus Bank holidays, and additional time off in August and December
- You will have the right to live and work in the UK - unfortunately we are unable support Visa applications
- Please include in your application a link to some examples of your work
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, and we particularly welcome applications from candidates who are Black, Asian and from other minority groups.
We are hoping for someone to join us as soon as possible, but we will wait for the right applicant. We will review applications weekly, so don’t hesitate to respond if you are interested in the role.