We’re looking for a multidisciplinary graphic designer with a strong portfolio of work across digital and print.
This role is central to how IF communicates new ideas of trust, rights and ethics in the digital world we live in. You’ll work closely with the team to frame problems and help us create the right solutions.
Collaboration is hugely important to us, so we’re looking for someone who is at their best when part of a team and working in the open: sharing the work, putting things on the walls, etc.
As a fast-paced business that’s got big growth plans, we’re also looking for someone who won’t be daunted by a changing environment.
You are someone who:
- Can collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to tell a story using digital prototypes.
- Can sketch and develop ideas using a range of different tools, picking the best medium for the message in order to bring your thinking to life.
At IF, we use pens for drawing, Sketch for digital prototypes, Adobe Illustrator for illustrations and swag, Adobe After Effects for animation, Adobe Photoshop for image editing and post-its for everything.
- Champions creative excellence and pushing boundaries.
- Helps to illustrate abstract ideas and systems to communicate the work to the team, users and stakeholders
- Supports a team across the full breadth of the business with a wide spectrum of graphic elements
- Has the confidence and ability to take a brief from sketch to polished delivery with minimal supervision
- Contributes to the success of the team, participating in crits, sprint and project planning
- Is annoyed if things aren’t aligned to the pixel
Desired, but not required:
Alongside core graphic design skills we’d like to find someone who brings another string to their bow: it could be photography, illustration, film-making or something else entirely.
We’re working towards a better, more ethical information society. We’ve defined and led this emerging space since 2016.
IF has unrivalled expertise in showing organisations how to collect, store and treat data so they are both ethically sound and commercially successful.
Based in Somerset House in London, our multidisciplinary and internationally respected team includes technologists, infosec researchers, designers and strategists.
We care about the web and we approach all of our work though making. We maintain a catalogue of data patterns and work in the open as much as possible.
We are an equal opportunity and Living Wage Foundation employer. We believe that inclusive and diverse teams make better decisions, deliver the best work and are more fulfilling to be a part of. That’s why we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ages.
- 20 days holiday and office closure between Christmas and New Year, plus discretionary office closure in August
- Early finish on a Friday to welcome in the weekend
- Contributory NEST pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly catered lunch
- Training and development, alongside access to our growing library
- As a Somerset House resident you get 10-20% off in all the shops and cafes in Somerset House, alongside some free exhibition passes