IF is a technology studio. We specialise in ethical and practical uses of data.
We’re working for a better, more ethical information society where technology serves people with a sustainable market for ethical and practical uses of data and where technologies are designed to be publicly accountable, understood and regulated.
Founded in December 2015 by our CEO Sarah Gold, in 3 years we’ve worked with some of the most prestigious global brands like Google, Oxfam and DeepMind delivering high quality, unique and directly impactful work. We have exciting products and projects lined up for 2019, and huge plans for the next 3 years +. We are currently ~20 people and have big ambitions to grow our team.
We need brilliant Producers to support our delivery of great work that has both commercial and social impact, on time and budget, and that delights clients.
- Effective and experienced delivery leadership of a diverse range of IF projects ranging from research, events, print and digital work (amongst others).
- Efficiently manage the scope of projects, negotiating change requests when necessary, proactively anticipate problems and make appropriate recommendations to resolve issues
- Communicate client feedback efficiently to internal team members and properly manage client expectations
- Plan and manage project budgets between £25k to £1 million
- Lead, motivate, mentor and coach team members to meet quality requirements for deliverables, resolving conflicts when required
- Facilitate the team’s planning and prioritisation of work, including relevant rituals such as sprint planning, product and sprint backlogs
- Through collaboratively working with project / department leads (and clients alike), efficiently manage project resource, ensuring the team is working efficiently and that teams have the right mix of skills to do our best work
- Be the ‘face’ of IF. ensure the IF brand is reflected positively at all times. Work with clients to create a ‘one team’ approach, enabling and facilitating cross-learning between clients and IF’s internal team
- Be the ambassador for quality assurance, ensuring high quality outputs across all functional areas from proposal to final delivery
- Conduct post project evaluation reviews, in the form of retrospectives or ‘wash-ups’, documenting for the purpose of knowledge share, future learning and future project risk mitigation
- Effectively communicate with and manage the potentially conflicting interests of internal and external stakeholders - clients, board members, senior management, team members and external third parties
- Demonstrate our thorough understanding of our clients, their work, the industry they operate within, brands, brand values, their strategy and client requirements in everything we do. Ensuring these are effectively communicated to the wider team and consistently throughout the lifecycle of the work
- Produce all relevant project documentation including (but not limited to) project proposals, estimations and Scope of Works, project plans, financial reporting, status updates, status reports (client and internally facing) and end of project process and documentation
- Ensure legal and financial project governance is adhered to at all times in order to protect IF from potential risk
Living IF’s values
- Care about the collective
- Challenge norms, and be comfortable with uncertainty
- Excellence for and from everyone
- Make time for humans
- Sketch, prototype and build to influence and make change
What we’re looking for
- Experienced and organised multitasker adept in prioritising and structuring work and workloads
- Confident client facing and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Takes responsibility for own actions and visibly supports team and management, including through guiding and leading of junior team members while displaying an empathetic and patient approach
- Demonstrates a macro and micro view simultaneously whilst applying a common sense approach to problem solving
- Displays openness, honesty, integrity and is responsible in own dealings with others
- Demonstrates passion for the work, IF and our client industries - approaches all tasks in a wholehearted and enthusiastic manner with a commitment to maintaining professional standards at all times
- Has extensive experience of both Agile (mainly Kanban and Scrum) and waterfall delivery practises and the ability to adapt according to the need
- An experienced facilitator, having regularly facilitated various ceremonies, including (but not limited to) daily stand ups/ scrums, planning, retrospectives, stakeholder demos and reviews (internal and external) for teams ranging in size from 5-20 team members
IF offers a competitive salary, time off between Christmas and New Year plus days in August at the business’ discretion, in addition to your holiday allowance of 20 days + bank holidays and a supportive sick leave policy.
We have regular retreats offsite across the year (sometimes we go to lovely locations like Valencia) where we make space as a team to step back and reflect. IF has a Mentor scheme, and supports staff to write regular blog posts, attend conferences and speak at them too!
Every Thursday we have team lunch, where we all make sure that we eat together, and on a Friday the studio closes an hour earlier to welcome in the weekend. We regularly make time to go for a team drink, or see an exhibition together.
We are an equal opportunity and Living Wage Foundation employer. We support you as soon as you start, linking you to a Buddy who will help you get settled. We believe that diverse teams make better decisions, deliver the best work and are more fulfilling to be part of. That’s why we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ages.
Our preferred starting date for this role is as soon as possible. We have an ongoing review of applications.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!